Evil needs a new maintainer

Frank Fischer frank-fischer at shadow-soft.de
Fri Dec 2 22:38:47 CET 2016

Hi folks,

as many might have realized, the development of Evil stuck in the last
months. This is mainly due to the lack of time on my side. And because I
do not expect this situation to change in the near future, it's time for
me to step down as Evil's main developer (or most active developer in
the last few years as I've never been Evil's official maintainer anyway).

There are several changes that must be done, mainly due to the
transition from Emacs 24 to 25. However these are tasks someone else has
to do. I'll happily assist with any forthcoming tasks as best as I can.

If you feel like you're the right person for this task, just mail me.

Thanks to all of you who supported Evil during its life to today. I
really enjoyed Evil's development and learnt a lot in that time. Evil is
still my major Emacs tool and will probably keep this status for a long
time ;)

Good luck to all of you,