[Solar-general] Fwd: Help us make LibrePlanet 2012 a success!

Diego Saravia diego.saravia en gmail.com
Mar Dic 13 12:42:40 CET 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Free Software Foundation <info en fsf.org>
Date: 2011/12/12
Subject: Help us make LibrePlanet 2012 a success!
To: Diego Saravia <diego.saravia en gmail.com>

 Help us make LibrePlanet 2012 a success!

*The dates have been announced for our next conference -- March 24th and
25th 2012, at the University of Massachusetts, Boston. A call for papers
has also been announced. The conference will include talks from the FSF
staff and board, GNU project contributors, and other members of the global
free software community. I hope you will join us!*

Since 2009, the Free Software Foundation has run an annual conference in
the Boston area for free software developers, activists, and the FSF's own
associate members. This conference grew out of a smaller members-only event
which ran successfully for six years.

The conference has featured many free software luminaries over the years,
including FSF president Richard Stallman, Eben Moglen of the Freedom Box
Foundation and Software Freedom Law Center, EFF co-founder John Gilmore,
GNOME Foundation executive director Karen Sandler, Jeremy Allison of the
Samba project, Selena Deckelmann of PostgreSQL, Máirín Duffy of Fedora, and
veteran GNU developer Rob Savoye.

We are planning the upcoming
conference<http://libreplanet.org/wiki/LibrePlanet2012> in
the midst of our annual winter fundraiser, the time of year when we work
the hardest at inviting new people to become FSF associate members. Our
associate members are the most important means of financial support for the
Free Software Foundation -- individuals in our community, making a
financial commitment to software freedom. Because we want the conference to
be an opportunity for these free software supporters to meet each other,
our associate members can attend the conference without charge.

At last year's event, I promised we would make this conference bigger and
better than ever before. As I and the other staff work hard to bring some
of the pioneers of our community together, we are relying on your
contributions to help make the financial aspect of this event possible,
without hanging ugly corporate banners everywhere.

We just need 100 new
members<https://my.fsf.org/associate/support_freedom?referrer=10189>,
and the conference is paid for entirely. Funding is necessary for us to
provide a comfortable venue, devote enough staff time to promote it and
have it run smoothly, and offer other features like audio and video
recordings of the talks for future use.

   -

   Chip in by becoming an associate
member.<https://my.fsf.org/associate/support_freedom?referrer=10189>
    -

   Already a member? Thank you! If you can, give a gift membership or
three<http://www.fsf.org/blogs/membership/this-holiday-season-donate-support-to-free-software>,
   or make a one-time donation <http://donate.fsf.org/>. A gift membership
   is especially great if you have a friend who's on the fence about coming to
   the conference.
    -

   Finally, please join the mailing list for updates and be the first to
   get your ticket for LibrePlanet
2012.<https://crm.fsf.org/civicrm/profile/create?gid=29&reset=1>

--
Follow us on identi.ca at http://identi.ca/fsf | Subscribe to our blogs via
RSS at http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

Sent from the Free Software Foundation,
51 Franklin Street
Fifth Floor
Boston, MA 02110-1335
United States

You can unsubscribe to this mailing-list by visiting the link
http://crm.fsf.org/index.php?q=civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe&reset=1&jid=125453&qid=927158&h=457d2f48edfce920.

To stop all email from the Free Software Foundation, including Defective by
Design,
and the Free Software Supporter newsletter, click this link:

http://crm.fsf.org/index.php?q=civicrm/mailing/optout&reset=1&jid=125453&qid=927158&h=457d2f48edfce920
.

--
Diego Saravia