[Solar-general] DNALinux en Nature

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica en gmail.com
Lun Ago 13 18:13:48 CEST 2007

El Lunes, 13 de Agosto de 2007 17:23, Sebastian Bassi escribió:
 | DNALinux Virtual Desktop Edition fue presentado en Nature Precedings.
 | Los precedings son documentos informales que se ponen a disposición de
 | la comunidad científica:
 |
 | http://precedings.nature.com/documents/670/version/1

retiro la petición, ya encontré suficiente info:

The new version of DNALinux (VDE) is presented. DNALinux VDE is a departure
from traditional distributions since it uses a virtual machine to bundle
together the operating system and bioinformatics applications. The main
advantage of this approach is that a virtualized environment doesn’t affect a
installed system. With a virtual machine a Linux system can be run under a
Windows system, provided that the virtual machine player is installed. The
included programs are listed and specifications to add more programs are
explained. We believe that DNALinux could be used as a standardized virtual
machine for learning, using, developing and testing bioinformatics
applications.

-----...........
http://www.dnalinux.com/

Linux for Bioinformatics
 DNALinux is a LiveCD for running bioinformatics programs.
 New version ready. Go to download page to download the torrent file.

DNALinux VDE: Call for programs
 Next version of DNALinux will be called "Virtual Desktop Edition" and will be
based on Xubuntu. We are accepting request to include bioinformatics software
for this release.
 If there is a specific bioinformatics software you would like to see included
in DNALinux, please email us at: info AT dnalinux.com and we will consider
inclusion in DNALinux Virtual Desktop Edition.
 Criteria for software inclussion on DNALinux:
 Programs should have a license that allows free distribution. Any FSF or OSI
approved license would be OK. Academic or proprietary license is OK as long
as allows us to distribute the resulting distro. Free license will have
priority over proprietary ones.
Software already in DNALinux VDE:

NCBI BLAST 2.2.16
NCBI NetBLAST 2.2.16
EMBOSS 4.1.0
ESIM4 (EMBOSS SIM4)
MSE 1.0.0
Phylip 3.6b
Biopython 1.43
BioPerl
Kalign 1.04
Clustalx and Clustalw 1.83
njplot
Polyxmass 0.9.7
Primer3
Rasmol 2.7.2.1.1
Sigma-align 1.0
t_coffe 2.50
xviewg
Treeviewx 0.5.1
hmmer 2.3.2
NCBI-epcr
Cn3D NCBI Database Viewer
DDV Sequence Alignment Viewer
Entrez NCBI Database Querying Tool
OneD Biological Sequence Viewer
PyMOL Molecular Graphics System
Sequin DNA Sequence Submission Tool

--
     `&'
      #    Marcos Guglielmetti, co-director de

"¡Ya cállate, cállate, cállate que me desespeeeeras!"

http://es.wikiquote.org/wiki/El_Chavo_del_Ocho