[Solar-general] Lindows vs MS

Sebastian Bassi sbassi en asalup.org
Mie Nov 26 23:51:24 CET 2003

Si esto es cierto, es una muestra mas de las tacticas de MS:
(me llego por estar en el mailing list de anuncios de Lindows).

I had just finished a Michael's Minute about our international growth
when a disturbing incident crossed my desk which actually verifies that
we are gaining meaningful international business that Microsoft wishes
to halt. Below are the emails that describe the situation, followed by
my original Michael's Minute.

From: verkoop en dvcs.nl
Date: November 25, 2003 13:01
To: Kendall en lindows.com
CC: Michaelr en lindows.com
Subject: Microsoft Trial

Hello Kendall,

i,ve got a strange phone call this morning from Microsoft Netherlands.
They are saying that they are preparing a trial here agains lindows and
they want to involve my company DV Computer Systems (www.dvcs.nl) in
this trial because i sell my computers with Lindows Operating System
(I'm am the only bronze builder here).

Next Friday they are coming to me , to talk to me about this. What i
understand from that phonecall is that they want that i stop selling
Lindows OS computers.

I don't like this but when they are taking this to court and involve me
then i must stop selling Lindows OS because i don't have the money for
lawyers.

I hope you or your staff have any suggestions.

Grtx Hans de Vries
DV Computer Systems

Below is the reply I sent to Hans de Vries. I also CCed the CEO of
Microsoft, the head of MicrosoftEurope and a representative of EU
commission investigating MS's anti-competitive behavior in Europe.