[Musix-users] RE: Musix-users Digest, Vol 18, Issue 6

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 21:29:50 CET 2007

El Lun 12 Feb 2007 00:27, w a y n e escribió:
> > That's a known bug in english language at least...
>
> Ok - so if i changed to spanish temporarily would that help?

Yes: just boot in spanish, just type "musix" at the boot prompt, and then,
install it, when you reboot, the system will be in english (or you can choose
it, dont worry)

> > > When i use the 'IGNORE_CHECK=1 knoppix-installer'
> >
> > Fine...
> >
> > > comand
> > > line as sudo then it will install but startup is extremely slow.
> >
> > That's odd: the installed system is too slow on startup? what kind of
> > installation did you choosed? Begginer, Knoppix or Debian?
>
> I used knoppix. I couldnt find what the differences were - is there a wiki
> explaining it somewhere?

Yes... and the user's manual

http://www.musix.org.ar/wiki/index.php/Hardware_Installation

> I thought knoppix is just debian based anyway.

Mm... yes, but, just read the text above, you will understand it

> > > After
> > > using synaptic the system was unstable and crashed and was no longer
> > > usable(i just did recommended updates)
> >
> > What recommended updates?
>
> Sorry - that was a mistake. I had no recommended updates.
>
> > > and installed fuse..
> >
> > Fuse is installed on Musix 0.79, I remember that it's used to read/write
> > NTFS partitions
>
> Yes - fuse was installed but write was not enabled by default so i
> retrieved the ntfs-3g packs again. Then all was good.

Ohh... maybe that's solved now, because I updated a lot of packages for 0.99

> > > I tried with the
> > > reiserFS (default). This is meant to be faster but appears slow. Is
> > > ext3 better?
> >
> > No i think
>
> Ok i will try again tonight with reiserFS.
>
> > > What is the process for installation as i really want it on my
> > > system.Thanks,Wayne
> >
> > Well, I will wait until you answer these questions, I we will see...
> > regards

Choose Begginer or Debian style, and tell us, Debian style is faster
sometimes ;)
--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre