[Musix-users] Burning CD throws errors and resulting CD won't boot; tried 2 downloads to ensure integrity

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 23:41:20 CEST 2006

El Martes, 19 de Septiembre de 2006 02:44, Q IP escribió:
> Hi all:
>
> Musix looks like just what I'm after, but I don't seem to be able to even
> get into the splash screen.  I have gone through the following routine
> twice:
>

>    1. I download the latest ISO on my Win2k box (the only one with a
>    broadband connection)

Using Bit Torrent?

You must use BitTorrent for now: http://www.musix.org.ar/en/download.html

>    2. The download aborts
>    3. I start the download again
>    4. The download succeeds
>    5. I start Nero Express to burn the image to disk
>    6. Nero returns a block size error and asks me if I want to ignore or
>    try to correct it

Dont you have another system running k3b?

> OK, the first time I clicked ignore and burned a CD that seemed to be fine
> but wouldn't boot on either of my two boxes with varying hardware.
>
> The second time, I clicked "correct" and tried various settings which did
> nothing.  Not wanting to waste another CD on a coaster, I gave up.

You could use a re-writable CD-ROM.

Also, the integrity must be checked using md5sum, and it must give you this
number:
md5: 0edcf4e6b5d013b3d999fb5203a09888

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre