[Musix-users] X not working well - Crash and Flick

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 14:21:55 CET 2006

El Sáb 04 Nov 2006 13:16, julien bodd escribió:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I've performed an apt-get upgrade. I don't know if it was a good idea.
> My X crashed. So I installed again the xorg-server package as said in
> this mailing list.
> Now it works but not well..sometimes it crashes and turns in shell mode.
> But the main problem is that it is always flicking..for example, when
> I am on firefox, and I go down a page, it trembles..
>
> Any idea?

No, just, I think this xorg has a bug or something like that, related to your
video hardware... what xserver-xorg version are you using?

For instance (here, in spanish, sorry)

apt-cache policy xserver-xorg
xserver-xorg:
  Instalados: 1:7.0.22
  Candidato: 1:7.1.0-5
  Tabla de versión:
     1:7.1.0-5 0
        500 ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org unstable/main Packages
        990 ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org testing/main Packages
 *** 1:7.0.22 0
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

> Should I run the videoconfig.sh script? Where is it located?

Into the Admin Desktop, but:

You could make something like that. The best, is to run xorgmusix.sh from a
text console (real text console, not virtual (X-term)). Like that:

control+alt+F1

Log as root

killall X
killall Xorg

xorgmusix.sh

kdm

Tell me if it works better now... If you have problems, you can run
videoconfig.sh and choose another options (like Gentoo or Knoppix way...)

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre