[Musix-users] Hello list!

Marcos Guglielmetti Gmail marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Thu May 18 01:50:34 CEST 2006

El Jueves, 18 de Mayo de 2006 06:06, Sean Edwards escribió:
> Hello list!
>
> I have been using Musix 3.1 for several weeks now, and
> am very happy with the project in general.

Musix 0.31 :-D

> Does someone know of some documentation about how to
> upgrade to 3.9 via Synaptic?

Musix 0.39

> Much appreciated,

Hi,

	Sadly, there is no way to do that for now.  You could update some
packages via Synaptic or

apt-get updatete

...and

apt-get install package

Example:

apt-get install ardour-gtk

	But if you are not an experienced user, maybe the package dependencies
will be a big trouble for you... and there is not too much changes from
0.31 to 0.39, what do you want? Something in particular?

	Tell us.

	Or you can Reinstall a new Musix version: You could try to re-install
Musix to the new 0.39 version, backup your /home folder before you do
it, and then copy it again to your new system...

	it would be better to make an exclusive partition for you /home folder
before re-install Musix, so you could update your system by reinstall
it without worry about personal data loss... afterwards, the /home
folder must be mounted each time the system boot up by changing
de /etc/fstab file.

Regards...

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre