[Musix-users] Midisport / EZUSB feedback

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 00:30:55 CEST 2006

El Martes, 27 de Junio de 2006 03:46, MNO escribió:
> Here are my findings, and i think i'm missing something in my knowledge
> here...
>
> I installed the ez-usb-firmwares
> Note: i first needed to  apt-get update   before i could grab the ez-usb.
>
> then i put the MidiSport1x1 and 2x2 .ihx /usr/share/usb/ezusbmidi
>
> then i went into Jack, switched ALSA to OSS, restarted Jack and looked
> for Midi I/O's  ...but no luck .  I replugged the USB connector.
> restarted Jack looked around some more, ..nothing
>
> i also added the midisport4x4.ihx restarted jack switched back and
> forwerd between ALSA and OSS.  also added midisportloader.ihx (not
> sure if i needed that) ...nothing
>
> also tryed the above with only one .ihx in the /ezusbmidi/ directory
> (this for the 1x1, 2x2 and 4x4) but i cant find any MIDI in or out in
> Jack or Rosegarden (i also looked there to be sure)
>
> When i look in /dev/usb on the ramdisk then i see ez1 sitting in there.
>
> So now i ask myself... am i looking in the right places?

Did you used fxload? As far as i know, the firmware works with fxload, but i
dont know how, maybe:

Lars Doelle <lars.doelle on-line.de> (Original author of the firmware and
current maintainer) * NAGANO Daisuke <breeze.nagano nifty.ne.jp (Original
author of the usb-midi oss driver and contributor of the Midisport 2x2
material) * Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <plcl telefonica.net> (Codevelopment and
testing of the driver and firmware. Author of the regression test suit.)