[Musix-users] Saving Desktop Settings?

DCZX downerczx at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 19 08:49:37 CEST 2006

Hi Marcos,

Well.. I tried everything. Here are the results:

mv /usr/sbin/mkxf86config
/usr/sbin/mkxf86config-disabled

Even after this, the resolution continues to reset. It
is not dependant upon a reboot. I simply have to
logout  and then login and my resolution has reset to
1600x1200 from 1280x1024. This is consistent. I
believe that Kcontrol is not saving the configuration
for the monitor. I don't know what to do at this
point.

gtk-theme-switch

I ran this and hit apply. Still, some programs had
tiny fonts.

I really think there is something wrong with Kcontrol.
I'm using IceWM-English version. I tried it in the
Spanish version though and it was the same effect.

I really don't understand how it sets my resolution to
1600x1200 when I deleted the entries in xorg.conf for
that resolution and renamed mkxf86config. Very odd.

Do you have any further ideas?

Thank you for your time,
Steven

--- Marcos Guglielmetti <marcospcmusica at gmail.com>