[Musix-users] Re: Musix 0.50

greg h red_machine89 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 17 02:46:26 CEST 2006

synaptic was the name of the program that i used to upgrade, and the options were set to smart upgrade so i only updated the packages that were already installed. i havent heard of apt-get, nor would i know how to use it, as for the xdm when it crashes... well, ill reboot after updating my packages, and then i get a note saying the xdm dont work and then its a back screen with the login box (text)... and then it runs as if it were in dos or something

Marcos Guglielmetti <marcospcmusica at gmail.com> wrote:  El Miércoles, 16 de Agosto de 2006 23:45, greg h escribió:
> hi this is greg i have problems when im getting the english package
> updates....

What packages?

You can tell us by typing your command into konsole (as instance apt-get
install your_package), and the copy this by selecting with the mouse, then
pasting here into the mail.

> i cant remember the name but i update all the debian
> packages

apt-get upgrade?

apt-get dist-upgrade?

> and then my X display manager crashes

It opens and then crashes?

did you tried with videoconfig.sh script?

> and i cant repair it
> so i have to reinstall musix. is there another way to update musix
> safely?

MM... I dont know what are you doing: if using synaptic or apt-get, and I dont
know what packages are you upgrading

> when the XDM goes out i find myself to be in a DOS kind of mode,
> still learning the language but not quite there yet

If you are using Musix 0.50, you can type menu

A menu will appear, and you can go to videoconfig.sh, or something else.

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre