[Musix-users] Re: Musix 0.50

Sean Edwards cybersean3000 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 15 11:29:00 CEST 2006

Greetings everyone.

I just downloaded the Musix 0.50 iso image, and burned
it to CD.  For some reason, the CD does not boot.

So far, I have tried Roxio for Windows, k3b on Linux
and cdrecord on Linux to create CD's from the .iso
image, and the results are the same; CD just won't
boot.  My PC doesn't see system loader on the CD; it
times out and then boots from the hard drive.

I will try these CD's in my machine at work, and I
will try downloading the .iso to that machine and burn
a disk with it.

I have an idea of the questions that will come my way,
so here are the answers to some of them:

Yes, I have booted from CD in the past, in fact, I
have Musix 0.40 currently installed using Grub to
dual-boot with Win XP Pro.

No, I have not tried these CD's in another PC. I will
do that at work.

Yes, I have mouted the CD's to see if data is on them.

Yes, I have mouted the .iso image on the loop back
device and compared it to what was on the CD; it all
matched.

Does anybody else have this problem with Musix 0.50?

Thank you for your help,

-=cybersean3000=-