[Musix-users] Prob with multimedia kernel and echo gina24

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Nov 11 17:56:38 CET 2005

On Thursday 10 November 2005 23:11, fritz at fritzmetal.de wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I would like to check out Linux audio tools which look very interesting.
> I've got Musix 0.30 installed on hd but I've got no sound. I've got a
> echo gina24 card.

Do you have another soundcard in your PC? Sometimes it's clever to test some
thing with any soundcard... I tell you this because it's difficult for a
newbie to make echoaudio soundcards work.

Some days ago, a guy with 2 echo Laylas had too much problems to do it, but at
least, he did it.

> I can't boot to the multimedia kernel which Marcos told me (thanx a
> lot!) has support for the gina24.

Yes, toyur SATA drives are not supported by the Multimedia Kernel from
A/DeMuDi, I would suggest you to join the a/DeMuDi mailing list:

And ask some one there how could you make this drives work with the multimedia
kernel (i know that you don't want to re-compile your own kernel)

The kernel master Free Ekanayaka <free at agnula.org>, maybe know how to do it

> Linux shows me these last lines when I try to boot to the multimedia
> kernel:
>
> Uncompressing Linux ... OK, booting kernel.
> initrd-tools: 0.1.81.1
> mount: fs type devfs not supported by kernel
> umount: devfs: not mounted
> mount: fs type devfs not supported by kernel
> umount: devfs: not mounted
> pivot_root: No such file or directory
> /sbin/init: 432: cannot open dev/console: No such file.
> Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

> When I had Musix 0.26 installed, I wasn't able to start the multimedia
> kernel, too.
>
> I've got a P4 at 3.5GHz
> Asus P4C800E deluxe
> 1GB RAM
> 2 SATA hds

That's the problem with the multimedia kernel

> echo gina24 audio card
> radeon 9600 pro video card
>
> I tried to do what was described earlier on this list for the mia audio
> card but I didn't get it to work with the default kernel. I wasn't able
> to build the driver, it failed.

Oh, you tried with alsa-source?

> BTW, I've got Musix in the Knoppix mode installed.

That's all right, unless you dont want to be root forever

> Please help me! Thanx a lot in advance.

We will try to help you, but your configuration it's very hard to make it
works, I think that the a/DeMuDi folks will have better answers for you

Cheers,

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
Coordinador del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux (www.musix.org.ar)