[P2P-F] ows as peer production

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Thu Nov 24 07:14:42 CET 2011

this is probably true martin, that there is continuation with alt.global,
yet, there are also differences I think, it's a substantial remix,

the way I see it (and ht to jose ramos for point to ariel salleh's work),
there are 3 working classes nowadays,

the meta-industrial class of the south (salleh)

the traditional industrial working class (now also mostly in the emerging
south)

the knowledge workers, and I think ows reflects them  ...

we need social movements of all three, but because of the strategic place
of knowledge workers in the current mode of production, they are at a
crucial nexus of power and influence; they are also the probable vehicles,
I think, the speed up the adoption of peer production by the
meta-industrials, allowing them leapfrogging capabilities ...

I'm not so clear about what it all means for the traditional working
classes,

perhaps Orsan has a view?