[P2P-F] ows as peer production

orsan at tie-netherlands.nl orsan at tie-netherlands.nl
Thu Nov 24 14:58:59 CET 2011

hi michel and martin,
OWS clearly creates pressure on radical left parties and unions that
were striving to 'represent' working classes. It became obvious that
they can represent themselves directly in a much efficient way.
We observe solidarity is rising between the old, new and newest social
movements. Old-trd. working class movement, new-NGOsied sector from
the new left era, and now with the rise of the p2p infrastructures a
newest movements such as Zeitgesit, Anonymous, WikiLeaks, and of
course DRY, Take the Square, and OWS.
The latest has surely creted a strong pressure on the core trd.
workers and thier unions, for change. The socalled union renewal is
coming from below now, as well as from middle by critics in unions.
I think OWS will represent a new model for the new labour
self-organisation, and this will pull/push the union movement forward.
as happened a hunderd years ago, towarsd transnational unionism.
Clearly peer production, peer governance and peer everything is
replaceing older forms, relatively faster fashion overdetermines this
process. Now I think we are clearly heading towards a kind of
revolution and the destiny of tradiotional workers and unions will be
as well as the other classes you were mentioning by the results of
such process.