[P2P-F] Dialog with Influent Conservative Think-Thanks ?

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 00:24:17 CEST 2011

Thanks Michel and Kevin,

perhaps I felt like finding out how to handle such kind of challenging
situation,
not only one a one to one basis conversation as when hitch hiking,
but between larger frameworks of people finding overlapping fields of
interest ( whether or not there is an agreement on the approach ).

How much depends on communication ?
What is it like "on some other side" ?

I realize that different approaches of some kind of political spectrum seem
to use very similar approaches.  How much is played on "fear" ? How much is
played on "blaming" ?  On victimizing ?
What happens where there is increased understanding ?
What happens when there is increased "empathy", or even when there is a
potential for mutual respect ?
What happens when feelings on both sides are listened to ?

Or even in the case of not specifically trying reconciliation, how to use
the game the other is playing in a way that goes in the direction of the ,
at first, potentially opposed approach ?

Is there a non-violent possible approach, even if the other party may not be
intentionally developing a non-violent approach to communication ?

And how much does public image play on this ?

"The Yes Men" approach seems interesting...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Yes_Men
http://theyesmen.org/lab
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Yes_Men>yet did not fully go into depth in
understanding its effects.  Increased resistance ? Or greater communication
?  More public awareness ?
And for whom ? Is it possible to talk to the audience of some , at first,
apparently opposing approach ?  Is it possible to use their discourse as to
lead and open a multi-perspectival approach ?

So it was about checking if any of us has some experience in this ... ?