[Solar-publica] Fwd: [OLPC-devel] Re: Boot tasks -- the iPAQ way

Pablo Manuel Rizzo rizzopablo en gmail.com
Sab Jul 22 03:05:56 CEST 2006

Me gustó esta historia, creo que todos hemos oido historias como
estas, y quizá alguno en esta lista fue un niño hacker. Es verdad, las
OLPC probablemente generen varias historias como esta.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jim Gettys <jg en laptop.org>
Date: Jul 20, 2006 12:16 PM
Subject: Re: [OLPC-devel] Re: Boot tasks -- the iPAQ way
To: Ronald G Minnich <rminnich en lanl.gov>
Cc: Joshua Wise <joshua en joshuawise.com>, devel en laptop.org

Jordan,

Some history may be useful: Joshua Wise was a significant contributor to
Linux on iPAQ at age 12, before he started high school. (Joshua, your
ears should start burning...).  He taught me to not under-estimate what
kids can do....

Kids have all day, and we don't ;-).
                           Regards,
                               - Jim

On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 09:05 -0600, Ronald G Minnich wrote:
> Jordan Crouse wrote:
>
> > I'm going to take the opposite position - If the ROM Is hosed in the field,
>
> it's not for a hosed rom. It's for a hosed usb stick, that partly works,
> or a hosed NAND flash, or other stuff you might want to do. And recall
> that many of the uber hackers are going to be kids -- we hope.
>
> This is supposed to be a hackable platform, not Windows for Dummies :-)
>
> ron
Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child

Pablo Manuel Rizzo