[ProU] ced witness t

Mardesich Pauly divide en jobmassage.eu
Dom Dic 27 14:12:54 CET 2009

F, you understand it, and take it all in." The old look of drowsy pain
had settled so strongly in his red eyes again that the master was fain
to put his hand gently over them, and with a faint smile beg him to
compose himself to sleep. This he finally did after a whispered
suggestion that he himself was feeling "more kam." The master sat for
some moments with his hand upon the sleeping man's eyes, and a vague and
undefinable sense of loneliness seemed to fall upon him from the empty
rafters of the silent and deserted house. The rising wind moaned
fitfully around its bleak shell with the despairing sound of far and
forever receding voices. So strong was the impression that when the
doctor and McKinstry's attending brother re-entered the room, the master
still lingered beside the bed with a dazed sensation of abandonment that
the doctor's practical reassuring smile could hardly dispel. "He's doing
splendidly now," he said, listening to the sleeper's more regular
respiration: "and I'd advise you to go now, Mr. Ford, before he wakes,
lest he might be tempted to excite himself by talking to you again. He's
really quite out of danger now. Good-night! I'll drop in on you at the
hotel when I return." The master, albeit still confused and bewildered,
felt his way to the door and out into the open night. The wind was still
despairingly wrestling with the tree-tops, but the far receding voices
seemed to be growing fainter in the distance, until, as he passed on,
they too seemed to pass away forever. ***** Monday morning had come
again, and the master was at his desk in the school house early, with a
still damp and inky copy of the Star fresh from the press before him.
The free breath of the pines was blowing in the window, and bringing to
his ears the distant voices of his slowly gathering flock, as he read as
follows:-- "The perpetr