[ProU] for a few hours, having pronounced views upon the neces

Leth Brevard doff en telefoons.nu
Jue Dic 24 20:38:56 CET 2009

Et his as if they struck a flash of light. There was a sturdy boy who
half rose in his place unconsciously, the color coming and going in his
cheeks; something in Mr. Laneway's words lit the altar flame in his
reverent heart. Marilla Hender was pleased and a little dazed; she could
not have repeated what her illustrious visitor had said, but she longed
to tell everybody the news that he was in town, and had come to school
to make an address. She had never seen a great man before, and really
needed time to reflect upon him and to consider what she ought to say.
She was just quivering with the attempt to make a proper reply and thank
Mr. Laneway for the honor of his visit to the school, when he asked her
which of the boys could be trusted to drive back his hired horse to the
Four Corners. Eight boys, large and small, nearly every boy in the
school, rose at once and snapped insistent fingers; but Johnny Spencer
alone was desirous not to attract attention to himself. The Colburn's
Intellectual Arithmetic with the portrait had been well secreted between
his tight jacket and his shirt. Miss Hender selected a trustworthy
freckled person in long trousers, who was half way to the door in an
instant, and was heard almost immediately to shout loudly at the quiet
horse. Then the Hero of District Number Four made his acknowledgments to
the teacher. "I fear that I have interrupted you too long," he said,
with pleasing deference. Marilla replied that it was of no consequence;
she hoped he would call again. She may have spoken primly, but her
pretty eyes said everything that her lips forgot. "My grandmother will
want to see you, sir," she ventured to say. "I guess you will remember
her,--Mis' Hender, she that was Abby Harran. She has often told me how
you used to get your lessons out o' the same book." "Abby Harran's