[Practicas-developers] 692; _b_, 155681

Cairns glabrous at leyden.com.mx
Wed Aug 26 21:23:13 CEST 2009

, instead of being attenuated into a diametric line or band, are in this
case curved to form a loose spiral. Between them is the figure of a body
and the three tail-feathers, while the triangular extensions which
generally indicate the posterior of the body are simply two rounded
knobs at the point of union of the wings and tail. There is no
indication of a head. The modifications in the figure of the bird shown
in the last mentioned pictograph, and the highly conventionalized forms
which the wings and other parts assume, give me confidence to venture an
interpretation of a strange figure shown in plate CXLI, _a_. This
picture I regard as a representation of a bird, and I do so for the
following resemblances to figures already studied. The head of the bird,
as has been shown, is often replac