[P2P-F] AN IMPORTANT PIVOT MOMENT TOWARDS A THE EMERGENCE OF A COLLECTIVE ORGANIC INTELLECTUAL FOR THE COMMONS MOVEMENT

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Fri Nov 25 12:38:34 CET 2016

dear David,.

I would see a rather big difference between the locally-based intentional
communities based on intense and local community-based collectivism, and
the peer production phyles that are based on open contributions. They are
both legitimate, but they are very different beasts. I wonder if it's a
good idea to have them both at the same table from the very beginning.

PErsonally, I don't think so, because their orientation and goals are so
different. They predate the network age, and often have no intention to
project systemic power at the global level, which is my aim in this
gathering of proto-phyles, i.e. the gathering of transnational ethical
entrepreneurial coalitions, based on commons and peer production.

Any encounter between them and localized intentional communities I would
see as a eventual later step,

furthermore, my availability during the period march 15 to june 15 will be
severely constrained by the ambitious project in Ghent,

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/