[P2P-F] Fwd: Launch Call for Practitioners' Labs IASC2017 Conference 'Practicing the Commons' (Utrecht, July 10-14, 2017)

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Thu Nov 10 08:29:53 CET 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: collective-action <collective-action at uu.nl>
Date: Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 3:20 AM
Subject: Launch Call for Practitioners' Labs IASC2017 Conference
'Practicing the Commons' (Utrecht, July 10-14, 2017)

Dear Sir, Madam,

As hosting team of the XVI Biennial IASC Conference ‘Practicing the
Commons: Self-Governance, Cooperation, and Institutional Change’, to be
held in Utrecht, July 10-14, 2017, we are happy to inform you that we have
received *over 1,050 abstracts* for papers, panels, and posters for this
conference.

With the abstracts for Practitioners’ Labs yet to come, we expect the
IASC2017 Conference to become the largest international event on commons
ever! All abstracts will now be peer-reviewed by our Scientific Review
Committee of over 50 international experts; the results are to be expected *in
the course of December 2016-January 2017*.

With this e-mail e would like to inform you about the *Call for
(Contributions to) Practitioners’ Labs* (deadline: March 31, 2017), but
also about the current results call and developments regarding the 2017
Conference.

*Call for Practitioners’ Labs*

We have just issued a *Call for (Contributions to) Practitioners' Labs*. As
we intend to bring together not only scholars working on commons, but also
practitioners involved in commons or organizations dealing with commons
from around the globe, several Practitioners’ Labs will be organized. At
these labs, practitioners have the opportunity to put forward their
experience on commons-issues and at the same time discuss the challenges
and questions they encounter with academics working on these issues, as
well as with fellow-practitioners and policy makers.

Proposals can be submitted for

   1. full panels of approx. 6 participants,
   2. contributions to the panels mentioned as in 1.
   3. contributions to one of the already prepared *Sponsored
   Practitioners’ Labs (see *http://www.iasc2017.org/practitioners-labs/*)*
   4. individual proposals of practitioners who would like to present their
   organisation at one of the Practitioners’ Labs

For all info and the full text of the call, visit
http://www.iasc2017.org/calls/call-for-practitioners-labs/. You will find
the call also as attachment to this e-mail.

*We would kindly like to ask you to distribute this call among your
contacts*. Please do notice that this call is also open to contributions by
academics, but they should be aware that the Practitioners’ Labs are
explicitly designed for exchanging experience on practical issues and not
for the presentation of academic papers.

*Become an IASC-member now and benefit from reduced fees at IASC2017*

As you are probably aware of, the IASC is a non-profit, member-driven
association that offers lots of benefits to its members. If you are not yet
a member, now is the time to become a member: you will be able to benefit
from a reduced membership fee for IASC2017, but in the meanwhile you will
also have* full access to IASC’s digital resources* such as the Digital
Library on the Commons, *reduced publication fees* for accepted articles in
the International Journal of the Commons and the *opportunity to use IASC’s
social media and newsletters* to draw attention to your own projects,
publications, events, etc..

You can find the overview of our income-dependent membership fees and
subscribe as member via https://membership-iasc.commons.org.

*Help us promote the IASC2017 Conference!*

The IASC2017 promises to be one of the largest conferences on commons and
common-pool resources ever! Help us make this conference to a success by
following our social media and using #iasc2017 as topic. If you see an
opportunity to distribute promotional materials like posters or flyers on
the conference, or on IASC in general, contact the IASC via
iasc at iasc-commons.org.

*Follow us on*

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iasc2017/

Linkedin https://nl.linkedin.com/in/iasc2017

Twitter @iasc_2017 #iasc2017

*Questions?*

For all questions about the conference, please contact us at
iasc2017 at iasc2017.org.

For questions regarding the IASC, please contact René van Weeren, Executive
Director, at iasc at iasc-commons.org.

Kind regards,

The Research Team ‘Institutions for Collective Action’

In cooperation with IASC2017 Conference Team

*Conference Website* http://www.iasc2017.org/

--

<http://www.iasc2017.org/>