[P2P-F] [NetworkedLabour] [commoning] A note on the post-capitalist strategy of the P2P Foundation

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sun Jun 19 00:53:44 CEST 2016

Dear Kevin,

the times when guilds and commons associations in the countryside provided
these solidarity mechanisms, were highly unequal periods; and a patchwork
of independent guilds would quickly lead to highly unequal outcomes (the
monopoly game) ; this is why we need democratic polities to insure overall
equality;

as far as I understand the evolution of the guilds, they started
differentiatiing, merchant guilds became the strongest, and families
detached themselves from the guilds to become early capitalists

I think the difference between us is whether a society exists  separately
as a field seperately from private agreements between autonomous players :
I think it does and so we need a democratic polity to address common
'territorial' and other issues.

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/