[P2P-F] Fwd: Windhammer Prize 2015

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sun Sep 20 10:10:59 CEST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andy Robinson <ldxar1 at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 2:43 PM
Subject: Windhammer Prize 2015

Hi everyone, and apologies for spamming :-)

It's Windhammer Prize time again - voting opened a couple of days ago.
http://www.arborell.com/windhammer_prize.html

For the third year running, I've got an entry in the competition, under the
pen name Andy Moonowl. The competition is for gamebooks (interactive
fiction in which the reader makes choices), and my entry is a transforming
robot story set on a world of robots.
http://www.arborell.com/mechanoidsfightordie.pdf

I'm hoping you will consider voting for my entry :-)

Voting instructions from the site:
*A valid vote must be forwarded by email to vote at arborell.com
<vote at arborell.com>. A valid vote must nominate the three gamebooks most
favoured by the voter from the competition entrants. A vote with less than
three nominations cannot be accepted.*
The site also says that voting should be on the basis of reading enough of
the entries to make an informed choice.

So please have a look at the entries, and then send an email to
vote at arborell.com nominating my gamebook *and two others*.

If you're wondering which ones to read and possibly vote for, I've not read
them myself yet. Philip Armstrong, ChanSing Goh, Nicholas Stillman, Andy
Wright, and Stuart Lloyd all have past records of success in the
competition. Stillman usually writes dark, violent dystopias. Goh has
entered history entries (with a worrying imperial slant) in the past, but
this year's entry is fantasy. By complete coincidence, Steffen Hagen has
also written a robot gamebook set in a world of robots. Adam Johnson and
Felicity Banks have entered historical gamebooks in settler-colonial
settings (South Africa and Australia respectively) - I'll be interested to
see how they handle racial politics. S.A.'s entry is dystopian
science-fiction. The other six entries - Jac Colvin, Richard Penwarden,
John Evans, Robert Douglas, Tammy Badowski and Ivailo Daskalov - appear to
be medieval fantasy adventures.

Please also share this with other friends who might be interested, and on
social media.

best wishes/hugs all around,
Andy

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/