[P2P-F] Out in English Now! Networked Labour University Information Bulletin No. 1 / 1-7 May 2015

Örsan Şenalp orsan1234 at gmail.com
Thu May 7 00:06:13 CEST 2015

Please do not reply to this email.

Original Post:
http://www.networkedlabour.net/2015/05/networked-labour-university-information-bulletin-no-1-1-7-may-2015-english/

Networked Labour University Information Bulletin No. 1  / 1-7 May 2015

1. Culture and knowledge for classless societies is networked in
process! [http://networkedlabour.networg.nl/moodle]

Networked Labour University is designed as an educational module to be
integrated with a broader network composed of Global Networked Labour
Union, Networked Labour Research units and networked labour coop GNLU.
Tied to a greater ecology of universal, free and open access community
projects, such as Faircoop, the Earth Cooperative, all our projects aim
mutual empowerment at the bottom level.

Unconditional empowerment of the dis-empowered, excluded, and oppressed
with direct solidarity is the reason why we exist for. Our platform is
designed to liberate knowledge from alienation and domination of any
kind at the point of production and distribution. In order to enable
money-free access to most essential cultural resources we rely on
free/libre, open source software, but the platform also aims to
facilitate broader solidarity economy by encouraging and enabling
open-cooperative exchanges between participants.

2. Networked Labour University Opening Meeting
[http://networkedlabour.networg.nl/moodle/course/view.php?id=6]

Date: 7 May 2015
Time: 14.00 - 17.00 (CET / UCT+2)

Check-ins (14:00 - 14:15)

Opening and presentation of the system (14:15 - 15:00)
Networked Labour University and Worker to Worker Study Circles

Discussion (15:15 - 16:45)
How to use cross-border communication and which digital tools to build
commons knowledge, culture, politics, and economy for the classless
society and from the oppressed point of view?

Closing and Check-outs (16:45 - 17:00)

Access: Participation is on-line, open and free. What you need to do to
is to open an account on the website below and to self-enrol for the
event before. Working languages are English/Turkish

Website: networkedlabour.networg.nl/moodle
Email: networg at networg.nl

Click here to register as a user
[http://networkedlabour.networg.nl/moodle/login/signup.php]

3. Enrolment for gratis Study Circles for workers, labour organisers,
activists and unionists is open
[http://networkedlabour.networg.nl/moodle/course/index.php?categoryid=2]

This call is set for the circles to start early June, with two round
circles to train study circle moderators fixed on 3 and 10 June. On the
17th Seven round circle on Computers, Internet and Social Media for
Worker will be kicked off. This first rounds are open only to Turkish
audience. English and Dutch versions of the program are currently being
prepared.

4. System development, communication, and solidarity
[http://networkedlabour.networg.nl/moodle/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=4#p4]

Our online system is developed on the way!
We are building our platform while we are walking. Networked Labour
University's online campus and classes are made of free / libre, and
open source computer programs, mainly Moodle (Moodle.org) and Big Blue
Button (bigbluebutton.org) and related plug-ins. You don't have to
download or install any software into your computer or mobile device in
order to access classes, to communicate and network with fellow
participants or course coordinators, to follow courses and use our free
library, or any other collaborative tools such as Wikis and pads, only
thing you will need is your mobile device or computer and a good
Internet connection.

Since all these functions work on any Internet browser. Both developers
of Moodle and Big Blue Button, and users have been making useful and
accessible guides and tutorials to explain how to navigate and use these
platforms, users will soon have a categorised and more simplified space
where most necessary of those guides will be provided at the e-campus of
NLU. Besides for urgent problems or needs it is always possible and
encouraged to communicate and ask information from the moderation team
or by emailing us (at networg at networg.nl)

Support us in globally networking solidarity!

Our invitation is an wide open one, anyone can join and contribute by
offering and taking courses, moderating circles or skill shares, helping
out with web design, platform development, promotion, or any other way!

Networked Labour University