[P2P-F] Fwd: A Bold Venture

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed Jul 22 11:26:42 CEST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Richard Hames <rdhames at richardhames.com>
Date: Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 3:57 PM
Subject: A Bold Venture
To: Richard David Hames <rdhames at richardhames.com>

Centre For The Future

Dear Friends and Colleagues

As many of you know or have heard on the grapevine I am in the process
of returning to Melbourne after spending eleven amazing years in Thailand
in charge of the Asian Foresight Institute. I am coming back with my family
to help establish a new global social enterprise - an insanely ambitious
project that aims to create a better world for more people by redesigning
some of our most life-critical systems.

Centre for the Future’s vision is a human family awakening to a deeper
impulse for survival in the context of what it means to be human in the
anthropocene age. We intend leading a 100 year *mindful uprising* of
leaders everywhere to discover, design, prototype and embed a new, more
benign, paradigm for our species – one that provides for all of us, now,
tomorrow, and for future generations.

This is the first of a series of occasional newsletters aimed at keeping
our friends and supporters in the loop regarding progress. If you prefer
not to receive this newsletter please just let me know and I will remove
your name from the list.

I will be 70 years old on 2nd September this year. The only thing that
could have enticed me back to Australia at this stage of my life is a
once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to leave a legacy that actually matters.
People often ask me what drives me to undertake such a demanding mission.
It is very simple. I am haunted by a fear that, having passed on,
my children and their children would ask: *If dad knew the world was in
such a parlous state, but had the knowledge to make it better, why didn’t
he do more to help shape a world we would joyfully inherit?*

I am hoping this initial bulletin will catalyse your interest in this most
important work and that you will be inspired and want to find ways of
engaging with us. We need your help. Please join us. There is no better
time than now.

Take care
*Richard*
*Richard David Hames*

*CEO, Centre for the Future*
*President, Asian Foresight Institute*
*Founding Partner, HamesMcGregor + Partners*
*Fellow, World Academy of Art & Science*

*E: rdhames at richardhames.com <rdhames at richardhames.com>*
*E: rdhames at asianforesightinstitute.org
<rdhames at asianforesightinstitute.org>*
*E: richard.hames at hamesmcgregor.com <richard.hames at hamesmcgregor.com>*
*W: www.richardhames.com <http://www.richardhames.com/>*

*M: +61-419-851-523*
*M: +66-860-424-541*

individual(s) named. If you are not among the named addressees you should
not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender
delete it from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are