[P2P-F] important article about the importance of fighting uber (for p2p blog)

Tue Feb 10 11:57:06 CET 2015

Dear Kevin,

I need extra assistance while I'm in the US, it's important we carry the
following article also on the p2p blog, see

#mustread:

"Uber’s emergence as a useful data repository no urban planners want to
miss is in line with the broader ideology of solutionism espoused by
Silicon Valley. Technology companies, having grabbed one of the most
precious contemporary resources – data – now have the leverage over
cash-strapped and unimaginative governments, pitching themselves as
inevitable, benevolent saviours to the dull bureaucrats inside city
administrations."

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/feb/01/cities-need-to-fight-uber-trasnsport-choice-evgeny-morozov

--
Check out the Commons Transition Plan here at:
http://en.wiki.floksociety.org/w/Research_Plan

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/