[P2P-F] Fwd: Heralding Article 25: a strategy for world transformation

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sat Aug 1 09:39:22 CEST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Share The World's Resources <info at news-stwr.org>
Date: Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 9:45 PM
Subject: Heralding Article 25: a strategy for world transformation
To: "michel at p2pfoundation.net" <michel at p2pfoundation.net>

Dear Michel Bauwens,

*Share The World’s Resources (STWR) have published a major new publication
on the need for a massive mobilisation of civil society to end hunger and
life-threatening poverty as an overriding priority for the world’s
governments, which will require an unprecedented uprising of ordinary
people on behalf of the least privileged among us. *

The latest study <http://news-stwr.org/M4P-3KKMQ-GR70YU-1PGV61-1/c.aspx> by
STWR’s founder, Mohammed Mesbahi, focuses on a theme that has been raised
in several of his past publications: for activists and ordinary people of
goodwill to adopt Article 25
<http://news-stwr.org/M4P-3KKMQ-GR70YU-1PGV62-1/c.aspx> of the Universal
Declaration of Human Rights as their protest slogan, goal and vision in the
immediate time ahead.

Mesbahi argues that meeting the basic requirements outlined in Article
25—for adequate food, housing, healthcare and social security for all—has
profound implications for the future direction of international relations
and global development. Hence now is the time for citizens in every country
to unite through huge, continuous demonstrations that call on governments
to share the world’s resources and finally guarantee these long-agreed
human rights.

Acknowledging the many objections or cross-questions that are likely to
arise from this simple proposition, Mesbahi goes on to examine at length
the significance of mobilising public opinion towards the urgent goal of
ending poverty in a world of plenty. In five separate but interrelated
parts, his new collection of essays guide the reader to investigate the
question of world transformation from psychological, moral and spiritual
perspectives, as well as from a broader political and economic analysis.

The real question we should all be asking ourselves, posits Mesbahi, “is
not why our governments are failing to save the world, but why are we
failing to compel them to take appropriate action as our elected
representatives?” Accordingly, the main subject of his latest study
comprises a set of instructions for activists and the youth who are
encouraged to lead the way in fomenting a huge united public voice – one
that has the potential to reorder government priorities and empower the
United Nations to truly represent the people of the world.

As Mesbahi argues, to herald Article 25 as the number one people’s cause is
the path of least resistance, and the surest route for impelling our
governments to redistribute resources and restructure the global economy.
Within its straightforward requirements lies the answer to many of our most
pressing crises, and its full implementation in every country could lead to
many positive results and a new social settlement that we cannot currently
anticipate.

Click here for more information and a brief overview of the five sections
<http://news-stwr.org/M4P-3KKMQ-GR70YU-1PH5D0-1/c.aspx>.

To read the full-length study, please visit: Heralding Article 25: a
strategy for world transformation
<http://news-stwr.org/M4P-3KKMQ-GR70YU-1PGV61-1/c.aspx>

*Support our work*

Our research and advocacy work would not be possible without your ongoing
support. STWR is funded entirely through private donations from
individuals, and we do not receive any funding from governments or other
institutions. Nor are we affiliated with any political party or corporate
enterprise.

Please consider making a small one off or regular donation to support our
work by clicking here
<http://news-stwr.org/M4P-3KKMQ-GR70YU-1PGVCH-1/c.aspx>.

Best wishes,

STWR

sharing.org <http://news-stwr.org/M4P-3KKMQ-GR70YU-1PGVCI-1/c.aspx>

[image: STWR]

Share The World's Resources
PO Box  52662, London
N7 8UX, United Kingdom
+44 (0) 20 7609 3034
Email: info [at] sharing.org

A not-for-profit civil society organisation with Consultative Status at
ECOSOC. Registered in the UK no. 4854864

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/