[P2P-F] Fwd: Please support and/or attend the MAN Up summit and launch party!

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sat Aug 1 08:46:14 CEST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stephanie Rearick <steph at stephanierearick.com>
Date: Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 12:56 AM
Subject: Please support and/or attend the MAN Up summit and launch party!
To: Stephanie Rearick <steph at stephanierearick.com>

Hello all!

I’m writing to you because I’m working on a really exciting event that will
lead to even more exciting long-term action and collaboration. And I need
your help <https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mutual-aid-network#/story>!

First, we need to raise $10,000 as quickly as possible in order to fund
travel and other expenses for our MAN Up summit, August 20-28. This summit
is a unique opportunity to bring together partners from far-flung areas in
order to learn together and make plans for how we’ll collaborate to build a
do-it-ourselves community economy that includes everyone, doing what they
want to do with their lives. The mission of Mutual Aid Networks is “to
create means for everyone to discover and succeed in work they want to do,
with the support of their community.”  And we think we know how to do that!
And we’re about to start testing our plans!

August 20-28 we’ll bring Julien Dussart from France - he’s a programmer of
Wezer, the software platform we’re using to support our activities, and
he’ll be helping us to shape it and to build a local community to steward
it. We’re also bringing James Priest of Exeter UK to do in-depth Sociocracy
trainings and work on organizational design. The Yes Men are coming to
entertain us at our August 24 launch party and explore how we can support
each other’s work. Lina Cramer and Renee Jackson are coming from Chicago to
lead some Art of Hosting events. And Bayo Akomolafe of Nigeria is coming
from his new home in India, to connect our work with what he’s doing with
International Alliance for Localization and to create new avenues for
collaboration around the world. With $10,000 we’ll be able to pay all
travel expenses, help toward accommodations, provide food and space for
gatherings, and generally host an awesome summit. Please help! The sooner
you give the sooner I can breathe easier again… :)

You can go right to this link to give now (and then pass it on, please!!!)
- https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mutual-aid-network#/story  - or you
can register for the summit
<http://www.mutualaidnetwork.org/man-up-registration-form/>and give as you
register.

And please, attend any or all of the summit
<http://www.mutualaidnetwork.org/man-up-summit/> that you’re able. It’s
going to be great! Definitely mark your calendar for the August 24 launch
party - 6:30pm-1am at the High Noon Saloon, with the Yes Men and a bunch of
other cool performances and activities (including the MAN Up simulation
game!) TBA…

We expect contingents from St. Louis, Detroit, Lansing, Chicago, UK, and
Ohio. Add to the list!

Thanks
Stephanie
--