[P2P-F] Fwd: New article by me in Rolling Stone

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed May 21 18:18:31 CEST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bill McKibben - 350.org <350 at 350.org>
Date: Wed, May 21, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Subject: New article by me in Rolling Stone
To: Bauwens Michel <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>

  Dear Friends,

Earlier this spring the chaplain at Harvard joined students sitting-in
outside the Harvard president’s office to demand climate action. He took
the bullhorn for a minute, and thanked the organizers for “giving me the
chance to be the person who I purport to be—a person who gives a damn.”

We’re all going to get that chance Sept. 20 and 21, *when the biggest
demonstration in the history of the climate movement takes place in New
York City.* We need you there, *you and everyone you can think of to
bring.* Here’s
the somewhat more formal
invitation<http://act.350.org/signup/readytomarch?t=1&akid=4629.360134.FYUJwo>that
I wrote out, for the current issue of Rolling Stone. Please
share it<http://act.350.org/signup/readytomarch?t=2&akid=4629.360134.FYUJwo>—it’s
the most important call we’ll send you this year. And if you're ready to
say you'll be there, RSVP on Facebook
here.<http://act.350.org/go/5246?t=3&akid=4629.360134.FYUJwo>

UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has summoned the world’s leaders to the
city in late September to consult about climate change. Because we think
those leaders have done a lousy job, and because we’re tired of fancy words
and ready for real action, we’re going to go to New York too, in our
thousands and tens of thousands.

Marching doesn’t solve anything by itself. But movements can shift
political power—in fact, little else ever does.

*We need to show just how big and unified our movement has grown*, from the
environmental justice advocates fighting fossil fuel pollution in our
communities to the students demanding divestment on our campuses, from the
scientists who have seen their warnings so far ignored to the clergy now
showing real moral leadership.

If you’re wondering how to react to the devastating news that the Antarctic
is melting out of control: New York. If you’re scared like I am by the
pictures of the fire and drought across the West: New York. If you’re
feeling like it’s time to change the trajectory of this planet: we’ll see
you in New York.

*Sept. 20/21. Tell everyone.
<http://act.350.org/signup/readytomarch?t=4&akid=4629.360134.FYUJwo> *

Bill McKibben
 ------------------------------

350.org <http://350.org?akid=4629.360134.FYUJwo> is building a global
climate movement. Become a sustaining donor to keep this movement strong
and growing. <https://act.350.org/donate/build/?akid=4629.360134.FYUJwo>

You can update your contact information
here<https://act.350.org/login/?next=/me/update/&t=5&akid=4629.360134.FYUJwo>,
or if you're 100% sure you never want to hear from 350.org again you can click
here to unsubscribe.<http://act.350.org/cms/unsubscribe/unsubscribe/?t=6&akid=4629.360134.FYUJwo>

--
*Please note an intrusion wiped out my inbox on February 8; I have no
record of previous communication, proposals, etc ..*

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/