[P2P-F] Fwd: [climate trade union] Exciting times

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed May 21 21:18:24 CEST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Anna <anna at shsh.co.uk>
Date: Wed, May 21, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Subject: Fwd: [climate trade union] Exciting times
To: Michel Bauwens <michel at p2pfoundation.net>

Begin forwarded message:

*From:* Jonathan <findjonathan at hotmail.com>
*Date:* 21 May 2014 16:11:24 BST
*To:* ccctu ccctu <climate-change-trade-union-network at googlegroups.com>
*Subject:* *[climate trade union] Exciting times*
*Reply-To:* findjonathan at hotmail.com

Here is a link to Bill McKibben writing in Rolling Stone, calling people to
join what he is sure will be the largest climate march in history in New
York City on the weekend of 20/21 September.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/a-call-to-arms-an-invitation-to-demand-action-on-climate-change-20140521

Among the eloquent things Bill says is:

"Sometimes in the past, trade unionists have fought against
environmentalists – but unions in health care, mass transit, higher
education, domestic work and building services are all beginning to
organize for September, fully aware that there are no jobs on a dead
planet. Energy-sector unions see the jobs potential in massive solar
installation and a "just transition" off fossil fuels. Here's a banner I
know you'll see in the streets of New York: CLIMATE/JOBS. TWO CRISES, ONE
SOLUTION."

The International TUC has also just launched a global Unions 4 Climate
campaign. They start with three slogans:

Building Workers Power
There are no jobs on a dead planet
Climate Action = Jobs Growth.

You can sign up here:

http://act.equaltimes.org/unions4climate

Visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/climate-change-trade-union-network.

*Please note an intrusion wiped out my inbox on February 8; I have no
record of previous communication, proposals, etc ..*

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/