[P2P-F] Fwd: [Networkedlabour] Fwd: SUMMARY OF THE “AN ATTACK ON US ALL” CAMPAIGN AND CALL TO ACTION

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed Jun 4 21:10:15 CEST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Orsan Senalp <orsan1234 at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 1:58 PM
Subject: [Networkedlabour] Fwd: SUMMARY OF THE “AN ATTACK ON US ALL”
CAMPAIGN AND CALL TO ACTION
To: squares <squares at lists.takethesquare.net>,
networkedlabour at lists.contrast.org, 2011movements-fsm <
2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion at lists.openfsm.net>

Begin forwarded message:

*From:* OWS Zapatista <owszapatista at gmail.com>
*Date:* 4 Jun 2014 20:42:24 GMT+2
*To:* undisclosed-recipients:;
*Subject:* *SUMMARY OF THE “AN ATTACK ON US ALL” CAMPAIGN AND CALL TO
ACTION*

Hello Occupy! Here are the latest news on the Zapatista Campaign

·         Summary of the “An Attack to All” Campaign

·         Zapatista School will resume later

·         Call to a protest in NYC in front of the Mexican Consulate June 19
-20 (if you cannot stay overnight, bring a group of friends and let us know
at what time!)

·         Solidarity Brigades of observers to go to the community where the
assassination occurred (“La Realidad” Autonomous Community) to protest and
protect

community of La Realidad and the killing of community member Compañero
Galeano, over 2000 organizations, intellectuals, and activists from North
America and beyond – including Mumia Abu-Jamal, Noam Chomsky, Angela Davis,
Junot Diaz, Cornel West, Emory Douglas, the IWW, the Malcolm X Grassroots
Movement, and many, many others – denounced this violence and called for a
week of action <http://www.anattackonusall.org/test/> in solidarity with
the pain and rage of the Zapatista communities.

During the week of May 18-24, compañer at s in solidarity in more than 40
cities across the world responded to this call. Their actions, reported to
the Anattackonusall.org website
<http://www.anattackonusall.org/find-or-plan-an-event-or-action/>,
circulated through the corresponding facebook and twitter account, andcovered
in the free and independent media
<http://www.anattackonusall.org/press-coverage/> in English, Spanish,
Greek, and Italian, included: demonstrations at consulates and
corporations, in the streets, and in public spaces; conferences and panel
discussions on Zapatismo and autonomy; silent marches and memorials;
readings, info sessions, teach-ins, and study groups; art installations,
video and banner production, concerts, poetry readings, and Zapatista
documentary screenings; fund-raisers, flyer distribution, e-graffiti
actions, and encampments, and email and phone campaigns to Mexican
Consulates across the US as well as to the office of Manuel Velasco,
Governor of Chiapas, and more.

On May 24, while many hundreds of adherents to the Sixth joined thousands
of Zapatistas in La Realidad in homage to their fallen compañero Galeano,
thousands more across Zapatista territory, Mexico, and the world ended the
week of solidarity by paying homage to Galeano in their own communities,
towns, and cities. Late that night, in La Realidad, the EZLN delivered a
message that resonated throughout the world