[P2P-F] Funding research on better alternatives to Gmail, Facebook, Dropbox etc... was: Internet under threat - can US Congress defend against Obama-Stasi state and Google, Facebook, Yahoo, Amazon, Apple and Microsoft

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 17:27:25 CEST 2013

Hi Marco and all,

This is very good news to me.  I have been wanting to do a similar thing
but have never gotten around to it.

> Regardless of funding

As strange as it sounds, I am very happy this is targeting software that
runs on *shared* hardware.

Sharing hardware is is a very difficult but extremely important problem
that we must solve.

I have been working on a "business model" to help us with this and with the
apparent need for continuous external funding.

This will help us compensate those who setup, operate and maintain servers
and so quickly cover the earth with our alternative.

Patrick Anderson
http://ImputedProduction.BlogSpot.com