[P2P-F] Ecological and economic limits and overshoot

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed Sep 14 12:03:45 CEST 2011

thanks for helping Ben, in cc, with this important question:

< first question: Is it possible, or do you know of resources and data I can
look at, to maintain the exponential growth the economic structures require?
Id appreciate any other reflections or ideas you have about how this
relatively short-term scenario could possibly play out. >

part of my own answer is below with recommended resources

Ben, see
http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/p2p-practices-as-condition-for-the-next-long-wave/2011/01/14

In this paper, I draw on Kondratieff wave theory and Carlota Perez to
describe the near and longer future scenario,

basically:

Sudden system shock makes previous system inoperable

15 years of crisis, deleveraging of debt, etc ....

New wave based on new principles, which could/should include substantive p2p
practices

However, the underlying biospheric and civilisational crisis may very well
complicate things substantially, this may very well be the last wave of
capitalism

Sam, I remember you place the congruence of ecological crisis in 2030, do
you have any sources on that?