[P2P-F] couchsurfing becoming for-profit

{ brad brace } bbrace at eskimo.com
Fri Sep 2 01:26:06 CEST 2011

yes, yes, even more eternal equivocation... but hey, why not
at least buy a button? finally do something meaningful ;))

the continuous cultural bail-outs, conceptual ponzi-schemes,
and insider quid-pro-quo ("critical mobility...") are
finally coming to a joyously redemptive end; the options for
(non-complicit) artists will no longer be reductively
dependent on obstructionist oligarchical art-agencies

to celebrate this event and concurrent devaluations, I've
quickly (without any funding,) designed a FREEE pinback
button appropriated from US Federal Currency Seals:
ENCUMBRANCE EXCLUSION EQUIVOCATION (only $2.99 for shipping,
delivered anywhere); provide cash, cheque, or paypal with
delivery address via bbrace at eskimo.com

http://bradbrace.net/EEE.html

awesome!

/:b

On Thu, 1 Sep 2011, robin wrote:

> Hi Brad,
>
> On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 6:48 PM, { brad brace } <bbrace at eskimo.com> wrote:
> >
> > seems to me that the "verified members" who paid into the
> > organization, should either have the option of becoming part
> > of the corporation or at least have their fees refunded...
> >

> Maybe there is even some judicial possibilities around it. And it
> wouldn't surprise me if they (CS) have not even researched into that.
>
> > its similar to arts-organizations (Rhizome is an online
> > example), that for years, reap all the benefits of unpaid
> > labour and then for a few corporate-institutional shekels,
> > morph into the very privileged tyrants they
> > initially/presumably despised
> >

> You have some more examples by the way? I found this one,
> http://rhizome.org/about/ but it says it's non-profit?

only for "everyone-else... ?;b