[P2P-F] couchsurfing becoming for-profit

robin robokow at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 19:53:38 CEST 2011

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 6:01 PM, Michel Bauwens <michel at p2pfoundation.net> wrote:
> thanks Robin ...
>
> in theory, a B Corporation is not such a bad thing, no, as it is and remains
> dedicated to a social good?

I don't know. I haven't researched much into this B-corp thing. In the
end though, it is still a corp. and this is why many CS-members
currently are pissed off. For many (not everyone), it goes against the
culture that CS stands for. The culture is about sharing, not profit.

I wrote a little comment here explaining that culture:
http://shareable.net/blog/the-rise-of-the-not-just-for-profit#comments

It's a shame that Casey never was really serious about non-profit and
developing community-models of doing it together. He just did whatever
felt easiest, listening to advisers who were closest to him, and
unfortunately they were not really what you may call post-capitalists.

But that's o.k. I think it is good that CS finally has become more
explicit about what they really are about. So we can move on now and
they can have their game.

Robin.

--
Life happens at the level of events, not of words