[P2P-F] couchsurfing becoming for-profit

robin robokow at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 22:48:09 CEST 2011

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 7:53 PM, robin <robokow at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 6:01 PM, Michel Bauwens <michel at p2pfoundation.net> wrote:
>> thanks Robin ...
>>
>> in theory, a B Corporation is not such a bad thing, no, as it is and remains
>> dedicated to a social good?
>>

> I don't know. I haven't researched much into this B-corp thing.

Though there is something interesting here in my opinion, which is
that CS will be employee-owned. But how this will relate to
voting-power we don't know yet.

The employees will have more voting power than the two investors, but
how the division will be and how much they can vote for (if it is only
the board or example) is publicly unkown.

And we don't know either how the shares are distributed among the
employees (equally among employees or not, etc).

As always has been the case with Couchsurfing, there is more we don't
know than what we do know :s