[P2P-F] couchsurfing becoming for-profit

robin robokow at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 20:03:05 CEST 2011

Hi Brad,

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 6:48 PM, { brad brace } <bbrace at eskimo.com> wrote:

> seems to me that the "verified members" who paid into the
> organization, should either have the option of becoming part
> of the corporation or at least have their fees refunded...

Maybe there is even some judicial possibilities around it. And it
wouldn't surprise me if they (CS) have not even researched into that.

> its similar to arts-organizations (Rhizome is an online
> example), that for years, reap all the benefits of unpaid
> labour and then for a few corporate-institutional shekels,
> morph into the very privileged tyrants they
> initially/presumably despised

You have some more examples by the way? I found this one,
http://rhizome.org/about/ but it says it's non-profit?

Robin.

--
Life happens at the level of events, not of words