[P2P-F] Libertarians

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed Oct 19 01:51:20 CEST 2011

my conviction is the state is a bit like the ego or money ... you can be
against it, but that doesn't make it disappear ... So then the question
becomes, what do we do it ... My answer would be democratize it to the
maximum extent, take it over and transform it when you can, and finally
replace it through autonomous practices ...

the attitude of the state has also to be kept in balance with the existence
of exploitative ruling classes .. to some degree, institutions like the
state, the law, etc.. are also a protection of the non-rulers .. in fact,
historically, things like social welfare, regulation, environmental
protection, have been demands of the people, not gifts.

often, right-wing libertarians ally themselves with the rulers, only
abolishing those aspects of the state which favour the majority ..

why is it that high tax periods were better for the majority of the people
(compare 45-74 to 80-2010), or that high tax countries are so much better on
almost all accounts (compare scandinavia to the third world conditions in
the US); high taxes on speculative actions, accumulated wealth are
beneficial to the majority of the public, let's tax the bads, break the
corporate stronghold on the state, make the state a partner state at the
service of civil society .. such a state, in the hands of the people, would
strive to abolish itself

Michel