[P2P-F] Global petition for currency reform

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Tue Oct 18 07:05:12 CEST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dante-Gabryell Monson <dante.monson at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 8:28 AM
Subject: Fwd: Fwd: Global petition for currency reform
To: Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>To: Tim Reeves <
tim.reeves at rewig.info>, econowmix at googlegroups.com, opencc at googlegroups.com
Cc: Josh Ryan-Collins <josh.ryan-collins at neweconomics.org>, Leander
Bindewald <leander.bindewald at yahoo.com>, Anna-Lisa Schmalz <
anna-lisa.schmalz at rewig.info>, Matthew Slater <matslats at gmail.com>

Thanks Tim.

your alternative proposal sounds interesting :

http://regional-economic-communities.info/concept/market-community/liquidity/

Another idea I was considering, as to increase demand for a local currency (
backed by shares ? ) ,
while enabling non-monetary investments and
providing a form of non-mainstream currency insurance in case of a
debasement or sudden inflation of euros :

to enable transfer ( as investment ) of property into the local networked
economy without payment of euros to the initial owners
( under legal models that limit payment of taxes in euros ? - a combination
of legal structures ? including foundations ? some kind of Community Land
Trust ? or a LLP ? ).

I imagine the former owners could become shareholders of a specific legal
construct ( including something similar to a custodian ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Custodian_bank ),

with users of the regional economy and/or the specific infrastructure
progressively buying over the shares- with its own internal currency ? - ,
under conditions initially defined within the contract, with a local
currency ( instead of legal tender currency ).

I could also imagine, to limit inflation,
that the repurchasing by the local economy of such shares could be done
gradually,
according to the growth of the alternative currency based economy,
in effect guaranteeing the shares ( and the currency ) with its projected
production capacity ?

Ps: I did not check the validity of the effect of my proposals on the system
yet - just brainstorming for now :)

Note :

In the UK and in the US, some legal constructs such as "Limited Liability
Partnerships"

http://p2pfoundation.net/Limited_Liability_Partnership

http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:OpenCapital