[P2P-F] Fwd: Update on Electoral Reform Act, New Electoral Reform Summit

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Fri Nov 11 03:53:25 CET 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Robert Steele <robert.david.steele.vivas at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 8:54 AM
Subject: Update on Electoral Reform Act, New Electoral Reform Summit
To: Robert.David.Steele.Vivas at gmail.com

Dear Colleagues,

The Statement of Demand has been smoothed out, the most important fix being
changing fascism to plutocracy.  It is in version 3.4.

The Electoral Reform Act of 2012 has attracted an astonishing range of
contributors, aided by Gordon Cook's book on Eva Waskell, her contribution
of the eleven Election Integrity Principles from Gail Work and others; we
also have the 18 year old vote crowd, the Hand-Counted Paper Ballots (HCPB)
crowd, and most recently, the experts at electology.org.  With version 3.8
up and 3.9 to be posted tomorrow, I believe we are close to a "collective
intelligence" version that can go to labor unions, my next focus of effort.

Today I communicated the existence of the Act to all of the political
parties except for the Democractic and Republican parties.  I have been
heartened by immediate feedback, with two party leaders (Reform and Light)
getting in touch with me personally.  I have told all of them that I
believe an Electoral Reform Summit in early December could serve a unifying
purpose, and that if the political parties came together with Occupy on
this "one thing," we could have ourselves a considerable majority going
into 5 January.

Next week I will do the same thing with the labor unions.  I have no idea
where this is going to end up, but the list of electoral reform Paul
Reveres is growing, the substantive contributions to the Act have been
stellar, and I believe that what we are doing is necessary and righteous.
We may not succeed, but I have the beginning of a feeling that this is
moving at the right speed for a 5 January national demand.

After the labor unions I will focus on finalizing the national list and
organizing constituent delegations to each Senator and each Representative
at their home offices over the holiday period,  to ensure that each of them
is confronted with constituents demanding action and specifically
co-sponsorship of the Electoral Reform Act of 2012 as the price of their
remaining in office.

I continue to update this central link:  http://tinyurl.com/OWS-ER-HO

Semper Fidelis,
Robert