[P2P-F] Bill Black at #Occupy L.A. video

ideasinc at ee.net ideasinc at ee.net
Fri Nov 11 06:55:50 CET 2011

Bill Black is a extraordinary speaker, imo, clear, direct, empirical, and
intelligent. In that he holds a dual posting at the University of Missouri
at Kansas City in both the Law School and in the Economics Department is
not an accident. His pursuit of the dysfunctionals of the banking sector,
both as a regulator and as a professor is part of the reform in MMT
monetary reform and the regulation of the dys-functional as per Functional
Finance.

In this context I have yet to see anyone anywhere promoting the lesser
forms of community currencies and exchanges, which I will not list here,
in all the possible breathlessness applied in promoting these "community
alternatives" I have yet to see even a single clause recognizing the
massive potential for fraud within the nominal "alternative"  category.
There simply are no standards whatsoever relative to transparency or
accountability. This is the Ronald Reagan/Margaret Thatcher version of
opening access to fraud under the pretense of higher principles, TINA. It
seems that this is an "alternative" version of a TINA assertion, presented
as a recitation of various mantras as "community, " "Free!,"
ALTERNATIVE,"  and then multiple attempts to compartmentalize the
perpetration of fraud.

As I referenced way earlier The US had a period of monetary history which
became known as the "Free Banking" era. By most measures it was a major
fiscal disaster, levels of fraud had not been exceeded from that era up
until the late 1980'a and the beginnning of the US Savings and Loan crisis
which Black was a lead prosecutor

Tadit
.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N_AuvLTJNh0