[P2P-F] OSE Europe - Open Process

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 08:37:57 CET 2011

On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 5:17 PM, Michel Bauwens <michel at p2pfoundation.net> wrote:

> 1) the community is the core and allowed permissionless contributions;
> selection for excellence is done by accepted maintainers who have gained the
> confidence of the community and of each other
>
> 2) OSE-E is the formal entity responsible for maintaining the infrastructure
> of cooperation, but is not in command and control of the production process;
> it should be democratically managed
>
> 3) Use the peer production license to allow free usage by other
> commons-friendly market entities, but make other for-profits pay (define set
> of minimum conditions)
>
> 4) try to create your own cooperative entity for such activities, and create
> some kind of alliance of entities using the commons, which integrates
> various stakeholders
>
> 5) develop an ethical funding strategy, based on crowdfunding; look into the
> open hardware central bank, Goteo

Would you say the structure you're recommending for OSE-Europe is
turning into a kind of phyle along the lines described by David de
Ugarte?  i.e. a platform or ecosystem for supporting affiliated
enterprises, with various local iterations of OSE-E plugging into the
design commons and the support platforms?  Perhaps some aspects of the
history of Las Indias would be instructive.  I'm cc'ing David and John
Robb.

--
Kevin Carson
Research Associate, Center for a Stateless Society http://c4ss.org