[P2P-F] Shareable: 10 Things Wisconsin Can Do To Increase Economic Democracy

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 17:50:46 CET 2011

Neal,

Here's what we are talking about in Michigan:

http://p2pfoundation.net/Michigan:_The_Transformation_Manifesto

Admittedly a little angrier than your approach. But after 10 years of
economic strife, then dealing with the new policies of our state
government, this is where we are at.

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 12:24 PM, Neal Gorenflo <neal at shareable.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Shareable would like your help.  We're putting together a post on how
> Wisconsin can increase economic democracy.  Below is the beginning of a
> list.
> What innovations would you add to this list?  What comments do you have
> about this list?
> -start a state bank like South Dakota
> -support worker coops (but how?  What states have done this well?)
> -help cities go carfree (any good examples of state laws that you know about
> that help cities with this?)
> -micro-manufacturing, make stuff locally (any examples you can share?)
> -participatory budgeting in cities  (any examples of states or provinces
> passing laws that support city level PB?  Or anything with a city-state tie
> related to PB?)
> Please include relevant links where possible when sharing an idea (as well
> as a link to your project which we'll use in a cite if we publish an idea
> you share).
> I'm inspired by events in Wisconsin and hope to further the ideas of Dennis
> Kucinich whose recent speech elevated a labor issue to one about the need
> for radical economic policy change including reform of the federal reserve.
>  Here's his recent speech:
> http://readersupportednews.org/video/4-video/5275-dennis-kucinich-speaking-at-workers-rights-rally-in-madison-wi
>
> Thank you!
> Neal
>
> --
>
> Neal Gorenflo | Publisher, http://Shareable.net | 415.867.0429

Sam Rose
Future Forward Institute and Forward Foundation
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
skype: samuelrose
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com