[P2P-F] Michigan: The Transformation Manifesto

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 03:48:58 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 10:44 PM, Michel Bauwens
<michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Sam,
>
> This is a really great document, and it is hugely important, and therefore a great advance, that p2p principles are translated in such a  potent way for local usage,
>
> two remarks,
>
> - I think you may want to articulate the precise relationship between open source and business, it's implied but I can imagine the obvious remark of, if it's open source, how can we make money ... so some phrase or two showing how open software and design creates vibrant economies ?

Good idea. I will think on this one.

> - two, while I broadly agree with your statement about politics, I think it is formulated too strongly anti-politically, a lot of what you want to do will be impacted by legal prohibitions and such, which  you may have to change, and this brings you into politics/policy, so you need to articulate some kind of connection

Yes. This is one is difficult for me, because I think so much of our
problems stems out of piping everything through these parties, and
always defaulting to thinking "we need a party". I am definitely open
to ideas about this.

> Michel

Sam Rose
Future Forward Institute and Forward Foundation
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
skype: samuelrose
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com