[P2P-F] creating a p2p foundation in australia

jose ramos actionforesight at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 03:54:16 CEST 2011

Hi Michel and everyone

Thanks for the prodding. You didn't even give us a chance to get a cup
of coffee in the morning ;)

Here are the items that I have from my conversation with Michel and Darren.

- Oz chapter basics
1. a blog page on the p2p site for the australian chapter  -
announcing a beginning...
2. mailing list

- workshops
1. for big corporates - why you should be scared and why there is hope
2. for small entrepreneurs - designing a p2p enterprise
3. for gov. - policy for p2p
4. for citizens - ideas for empowerment

- global p2p fair (which of course I would have no part in organizing
as I have no talent and inclination for this. But by all means enjoy
yourselves!).

Longer term:

I think it would be easier to have a simplified "franchise" model that
is established under the P2P global cooperative. This makes it much
easier to establish a p2p australia with very set rules that govern 1.
resource allocation, 2. governance, 3. purpose / mission.  this might
be negotiated via an experimental Oz franchise.

Doing a full fledged social charter is a more profound process, but
alot messier and alot more work.

I happy to play a support role, as I understand that others here have
been advocates and pioneers in p2p. I have only been a cheerleader and
use the nice software, and have a broader focus.

cheers

jose