[P2P-F] creating a p2p foundation in australia

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 09:08:03 CEST 2011

hi Jose,

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 8:54 AM, jose ramos <actionforesight at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Michel and everyone
>
> Thanks for the prodding. You didn't even give us a chance to get a cup
> of coffee in the morning ;)
>
> Here are the items that I have from my conversation with Michel and Darren.
>
> - Oz chapter basics
> 1. a blog page on the p2p site for the australian chapter  -

that would be great ...

> announcing a beginning...
> 2. mailing list

useful to create continuity in the process ..

> - workshops
> 1. for big corporates - why you should be scared and why there is hope
> 2. for small entrepreneurs - designing a p2p enterprise
> 3. for gov. - policy for p2p
> 4. for citizens - ideas for empowerment

if someone can take the lead on this, I'd be very happy to contribute in the
conceptualization of these workshops

> - global p2p fair (which of course I would have no part in organizing
> as I have no talent and inclination for this. But by all means enjoy
> yourselves!).

No means yes <g>, just kidding, understood Jose ...

> Longer term:
>
> I think it would be easier to have a simplified "franchise" model that
> is established under the P2P global cooperative. This makes it much
> easier to establish a p2p australia with very set rules that govern 1.
> resource allocation, 2. governance, 3. purpose / mission.  this might
> be negotiated via an experimental Oz franchise.

don't forget, there is a difference between the foundation, where you can be
an independent group, 'brothers' as it were (it's not a membership org for
now), and the coop, there, it would be sufficient to create a clone of our
dutch coop, using/modifying the statutes, and then we make some agreement on
cooperation ?