[P2P-F] autocracy as most efficient governance?

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 14:47:16 CEST 2011

hi george,

don't you agree that a lot of open source projects have some degree of
autocratic rule (the so-called benevolent dictator phenomenum), in order to
insure productivity .. .(though this does not involve command and control
over labour, nor over the allocation of resources, but rather over the
post-hoc quality control mechanisms)

now, regarding " self-rule leads to totalitarianism"

this was the debate between rosa luxemburg and lenin, discussed in the
poulantzas books which I have been reading this year (p. agrees with rl).
Basically, Rosa Luxemburg warned that a total reliance on self-rule through
soviets, could lead to authoritarianism, so she urged the bolcheviks to
retain representational parliaments in a structure of dual power ... I tend
to agree that we need plurarchic forms of governance keeping each other in
check, to avoid the degeneracy of any form of self-rule that may be the
'only game in town' ..

I'm also warming up more and more to greek sortition mechanisms ..
interestingly, this is now also being discussed by the new Anonymous Party I
believe ..

Michel