[P2P-F] autocracy as most efficient governance?

George Dafermos G.N.Dafermos at tudelft.nl
Wed Jul 13 19:22:38 CEST 2011

Yes, you're right: the interviewee (MT) uses the word - erroneously - in both senses, without realising he's contradicting himself by saying first that social conduct in his world is based on players' self-rule and then going on to say that his authority is fast becoming 'autocratic' (i.e. totalitarian).

the point he's apparently making is that self-rule is the norm for vast sections of eve space that remain free from 'policing' but authority inside the big corporations/alliances of eve tends to be autocratic (i.e. centralised in the hands of one person). yet, there is no logical connection between the two: there's no proof - neither in the real world nor in eve - that self-rule leads to totalitarianism.

g.