[P2P-F] Fwd: SAVE THE DATE! 2011 Eastern Conference for Workplace Democracy

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 03:42:51 CET 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ECWD <info at east.usworker.coop>
Date: Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 4:21 AM
Subject: SAVE THE DATE! 2011 Eastern Conference for Workplace Democracy
To: michelsub2004 at gmail.com

    [image: Eastern Conference for Workplace Democracy]
------------------------------

Dear Friends of the Eastern Coordinating Council,

We are pleased to announce that the 2011 *Eastern Conference for Workplace
Democracy <http://east.usworker.coop>* will be held *July 8 -10, 2011* at
the *University of Maryland, Baltimore County*.

*Click here to download a printable Save the Date
flier*<http://east.usworker.coop/2011/ECWD_savethedate.pdf>(PDF).

*Connecting Our Workplaces: Building Cooperative Economies*
The 2011 Eastern Conference for Workplace Democracy will bring together
representatives of worker cooperatives, ESOP’s, and other cooperatively-run
organizations to strengthen the network of democratic workplaces in the
Eastern United States.  Through networking, seminars, tours, and
storytelling, participants will exchange tools and solutions for democratic
management and development of cooperative workplaces.  We will share
strategies for building systems for regional support and advocating for
ourselves as we build momentum toward the 2012 International Year of
Cooperatives.  A new feature this year will be a full-day mini-conference in
which participants will compare models for cooperative development.

Given the current economic climate, the ECWD will emphasize the importance
of an economy that utilizes cooperative and democratic organizational
structures to support equitable systems for exchanging goods, services &
products and stewardship of the commons for mutual benefi t by all.  We
believe that democratic workplaces are the fundamental building blocks that
power our work towards economic, social, and environmental justice and
solidarity.

*Stay tuned! A request for proposals, schedule, fees, accommodations, and
more will be available soon on our website! For more information or to be
added to the ECWD email list, contact ECWD organizers Neily Jennings or
Esteban Kelly .*

*Please share this exciting news with your colleagues!**
*

Sincerely,

The Eastern Coordinating Council, Staff & Advisors

--
If you do not want to receive any more newsletters, this
Forward a Message to Someone this
link<http://broadcast.east.usworker.coop/?p=forward&uid=2f70521828139a9c107d353590e218fd&mid=32>